Saturday, March 8, 2014

Peddeling Artwalk

I was about to succumb to another sittin-in-front-of-the-computer watching-tv kinda night,when I remembered it was 2nd Saturday+ ARTWALK... so I got on my trusty 2 wheeler and headed out to downtown and my usual round of galleries. First off was 2110 K st  (21Ten Art Complex)., where I had my show a few months back... I enjoyed a few of the works from artist  DIANE RUHKALA BELL and the guitar playing of Michael Sean Miller....
 

 
 and found this underpainting in one of the studios, which i liked, and this wonderful surreal piece by De gonzalez :


 
 
 from there I cruised a bit and headed to coffee @ Pete's and a sandwich @ Mr. Pickles
(I still havent found that knockout Deli yet,, you know the one Im talking about)
 where i enjoyed some young street musicians who, for my dollar contribution,
played a punk waltz for me...


 
 while eating, I ran into artist friend Evan Thomas , and talked about his imminent relocation to the the bay area , I then headed over to RED DOT Gallery (2231 J st.) which functions as a hair salon on normal days and opens up for artshows on Artwalk, (the art stays up of course all month). This was my favorite art of the night.  Monoprints and painting by Tina Pressler (www.tinapressler.com)

 
 and this small painting:
 
 
 
 ( My sincere apology to those artists, whose names I didnt write down)....
 
and Im happy to report its that time again:  The crow migration!!
 



 
 
if your in the area, please look up and enjoy these galleries and the many more in sacramento!!
 
 
 
 

1 comment:

  1. Hi guy, I just signed up to follow your blog.....I like it, good job.
    Peace...

    ReplyDelete